Aug 10, 2012

Nikos Deja Vu - Looking at my life and counting...

Looking at my life..
(Μετάφραση στα Ελληνικά)

A year almost gone, yet I think about it still...
Daily it passes through my mind.
Like the sound of a sad song....
It's another night out on the avenue
Looking for something, something that you knew..
Continuously searching for that "field of gold"
Forever looking for someone to hold...
And you're wondering where she is..
Now there's now there's no more rendezvous!
You're left out here on this cold stark street
With the sound of lovers as they tango and meet
Their sweet surrender with a promise and a kiss
Where's that girl, the one you miss?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/AczlfmIefyNQhPBPjww2i1QgqSgnsy7iWlUCE_lQl06CG_SMsTiraIteJpa96jNXnLKftL4yDuNlxhNnzCLctQdQYRRy6zgXvQDiGLH3jRzrlA-ErnF1sbVbx8b36ZsskUF1gqqBw6qIS_OKBcThQhlcHJM7aM4EDV4vF4XwYXDgGq_71hfNk-MtQ5eFmhBiV4g4niiERBH92Fut3lckEAe9BedmnNXRMbQZEeP4ZcHxIjq8KRzZidTVZGMg2_A4S_-ZVtqAzu2ygCtJiGb0Cz3U0inCgZJ_lF-hoWjNqjQ6Ed1pTnkULnLiLRA2nphZgJH6drVUWM_O3etE1mmpMeH4FUrumVA4jKOfLGqQggEJcZuJ8KB7R6KlS8DcynJiQ0wpvtt_kcfgMFprItEMHf5RpQc8FkPxMmXv5HynDwPjMHQ3n4dNOb2SLlLSoIwAQqVNEYpnTqmcpEexLXW2REoI3qFp3AYtRzX24coCtVuKM_9EdLzS2QQ3UyFRTjh_9BEacTBqNW0BPPOzfxCkDVB2NTnxNE3wQmFZLXI5r7N0cChgY6d2teiNW2AAAxJHRecd4O521SR3O4HKSnyL_Qy-J3Laat8kT1-HgOitoVNO1IkiBOQReg=w1300-h868-no

Those "ooh la la la girls" in their skirts they go rushing by
They look around and give you that come on
With their dreamy dreamy eyes
Then you never stop to count your mistakes
That one blind moment with no give and take
Is lost in every stranger's face you see
If there's a loser that loser's me!
Please put a little love back into my life..
Won't you please put a little love back into my life?

I shared the many skeletons hiding in my heart,
I knew then you'd be my friend..
I knew it from the start...
Every night's another night you keep looking back
Trying to fill the spaces hours and
the minutes and the missing gaps
Every shadow's like a ghost
that comes and haunts you..
Angel of the night plays her tricks today it's true
With every step, every step you see her slip away

Not just today..

It's another night out on the avenue
Looking for something, something that you knew..
As the days go by.  I sit and wonder why.
I feel the touch of a hand,
but nothing takes me to that fantasy land...
My soul feels dead and weak. But still I seek.
Wonder who I am. And if anyone really gives a damn.
What steps to take. And a life I'll make.
I pray "God guide me".
Help me be what I want to be.
Stop this pain... and these days of rain..
Before I can reach that field of gold.
I need to get back the soul I sold.

Counting...

one was taken, two destroyed
three’s mistaken four was a toy
five wreaked havoc, six just played
seven was nothing, eight couldn’t have stayed
time for something different
so simple, so plain
now number nine, another drop of pain..
counting my life...

Counting...

Nikos Deja Vu
n1999k.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment