Aug 8, 2012

Nikos Deja Vu - The night...

Nikos Deja Vu - The night...

my city ...night

Try walking alone the night, on some bright city street...

Listen to the noise and confusion and chaos that swirl around you, like the music you remember hearing the first time you fell in love...

Listen hard, because intricately woven within every sound that passes you by is a whisper, a quiet voice that speaks with the wisdom only an aged and learned city can possess.

And if you ever manage to fade away from the reality of it all, leaving only the intertwined rhythms that tell the stories of all the people this great city has seen, the words will finally make themselves clear:
"to live, to learn, to love, it takes two..."

Lazy days, lonely nights, looking for a lonely star who'd keep me company..
Looking at the widespread sky, being me a lonely soul gazing at the moon so bright making wishes upon a star...

A blow of breeze to animate the freezing scene, so the strings of white gold ribbons, seem to tease the lonely moon, because it is standing still and they are free to move..

"Twinkle twinkle little star..." I used to sing when I was young...

Now I've grown but still today "...how I wonder what you are..." lying down upon the meadows, dream of flying up so high, reach the stars, sit on the moon, dancing ballet with the clouds.....

There are memories all over the places...
Bringing it back all so clear!
Wishing you were here...
And this song...!
...this bittersweet old old song...
...it keeps my mind quick on the uptake...
"...lonely days, lonely nights... where would I be without my woman..."

the night

Nikos Deja Vu
http://n1999k.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment